This is a written version of the Sonic Sledgehammer tutorial. Not my work, just lightly adapted to my paints.
- Undercoat in Matt Black Undercoat .
- Paint the metal shoulder and leg armor as well as the backpack with Corvus Black .
- Drybrush armor edges with Etherium Blue (or another light grey like Ulthuan Grey ). Restore chalky flat areas with Corvus Black .
- Paint the inside of the robes with Gal Vorbak Red (or Khorne Red ).
- Paint outside of the robes with Mephiston Red . Avoid armor (inside of robes you can just clean up).
- Drybrush edges and raised parts of the robes with Lugganath Orange , first the outside then very lightly the insides.
- Shade the inside and outside of the robes with Carroburg Crimson . Ensure it doesn't pool too much.
Head & white elements
- Paint white wings, fleur-de-lis, hair and face with Ulthuan Grey (or Corax White or White Scar ). Use multiple coats to ensure coverage.
Gun & equipment
- Paint leather straps, gloves and bags with Dryad Bark or Rhinox Hide .
- Paint gun with Leadbelcher and highlight studs on gloves, armor and backpack.
- Shade everything except for the robes in Nuln Oil .
- Drybrush Praxeti White on the hair and white shoulder pad (careful to not hit anything else).
- Paint face with Guilliman Flesh .
- Paint gold detail with Retributor Armour (or Liberator Gold ).
- Shade upper gun barrel section with Agrax Earthshade .
- Add decal.
- Drybrush outside of the robes with Lugganath Orange again lightly.
- Varnish with Anti-Shine Matt Varnish .