How I painted the pink portion of my Emperors Children Chaos Space Marine power armour.
- Basecoat all of the armour with Screamer Pink .
- From here I did a zenithal highlight of Pink Horror with my airbrush. I sprayed down at a 45 degree angle. If you do not have an airbrush, you could get a similar effect with a heavy downwards drybrush or by glazing the paint onto areas where light would hit. Alternatively, skip this stage entirely.
- Recess shade with Druchii Violet . I dropped this into and deep holes to add contrast, as well as on the inside of the armour trim. You could make the transitions smoother by mixing 1:1 with Lahmian Medium if you liked.
- Add a chunky edge highlight to the armour with Pink Horror . I also painted inside of the armour panels running up to the trim, trying to emulate the 'Eavy Metal style of painting.
- Edge highlight everything again, this time with a fine line of Fulgrim Pink .
- Mix Fulgrim Pink and Screaming Skull in a 1:1 ratio and selectively highlight pronounced edge and corners.
- Add in final dot highlights of pure Screaming Skull to points and the centre of the previous stages selective highlights.
Aspiring miniature painter and biscuit enthusiast. Here to share my hobby and help where I can.