Star Wars Legion Republic Clone Trooper.
*This is Sorastro's recipe I have transcribed here. All credit goes to him. Please watch his video and support his work with a like/subscibe/comment.
Prep & Prime
- Soft plastic used for Phase I Clones doesn't clean well with a knife, use sanding sticks/sand paper to clean mold lines
- Dry Fit arms and glue after completed painting
- Prime model in neutral grey. Fairly heavy zenithal highlight with white.
- Paint under suit and visor black. Black mixed with water and Daler-Rowney Flow Enhancer.
- Paint gloves, weapons, binoculars/strap with Black Templar
- Shade armor with mix of 3 parts Apothecary White , 1 part Black Templar , 3 parts Contrast Medium , 1 part Daler-Rowney Flow Enhancer
Heavily coat armor in sections. Wipe excess paint and use a clean/wet brush to clean up flat panels. Contrast medium can be used instead of water to avoid negative interaction.
- Mix a hint of Ivory and Corvus Black to a titanium white paint.
Create a "just" off white mix and highlight upward facing flat areas such as the top of the helmet, chest, shoulders and upper leg areas
- Apply Titanium White as spot highlight to top of helmet & shoulders
501st Blue (coming soon)
- mix Averland Sunset & Troll Slayer Orange with a touch of Corvus Black . Add Daler-Rowney Flow Enhancer to help thin paint.
- Highlight orange marking with Averland Sunset Troll Slayer Orange and Yriel Yellow
- Use previous white armor tone to add chips and scratches to marking
- thin Corvus Black and add scratching
Hobby enthusiast. Husky owner. Salty old man.