This is a written version of the Duncan Rhodes tutorial. Not my work.
- Undercoat in Uniform Grey .
First batch towards black wash.
You can paint with a larger brush here.
- Inside of coats with Gal Vorbak Red .
- Metal armor pieces in Abaddon Black (or Black ).
- Soft parts of armor (corset, back of knee, etc) in Dryad Bark .
- Outside of robes with Mephiston Red .
- Cables, pipes, bolt gun in Leadbelcher .
- White decorations (e.g. wings and fleur-de-lis on shoulder pads) in Ulthuan Grey (or just White ).
- Cover all in Nuln Oil and make sure nothing stains in the large red sections. Dry for about an hour.
Second batch towards brown wash.
Switch to a fine brush.
- Paint brown leather straps or belts in Mournfang Brown .
- Add Retributor Armour on decorative crosses and fleur-de-lis.
- Paint hair in Pallid Wych Flesh . Might need multiple coats to fully cover.
- Only on second batch colors, apply light coat of Agrax Earthshade with a fine tip. Especially just light shade on the hair. Dry for about an hour.
- Cover face with Cadian Fleshtone , make sure to avoid hair.
- Shade skin with Reikland Fleshshade .
- Highlight raised face areas (nose, upper lips, chin, cheekbones) with Kislev Flesh .
- Highlight sharpest face edges with Screaming Skull .
- Paint raised areas of coat and sleaves with diluted Mephiston Red (avoid any shaded creases).
- Lighten the gun magazine and grip with Leadbelcher .
- Cover wider white sections with Ulthuan Grey .
- Highlight armor edges (shoulder, feet, legs) with Mechanicus Standard Grey .
- Highlight dark leather (gloves, armor joints, corset) with Stormvermin Fur .
- Highlight peaks of inside robe with Daemonette Hide .
- Highlight peaks of outside robe and robe edges with Evil Sunz Scarlet .
- Highlight gun edges with Stormhost Silver .
- Highlight cables and rivets with Stormhost Silver .
- Highlight gold edges with Liberator Gold .
- Highlight soft leather edges with Skrag Brown .
- Highlight hair edges with Pallid Wych Flesh .
- Highlight highest edges of hair and white armor decoration with White Scar .
Finish the basing.